12/05/2009

Central Thesis of my Habilitation Lecture

My habilitation was at September 2009. The topic of my habilitation lecture is: The New Media Strategy of Science.
The central message of my lecture is based on empirical research, theoretical analysis and practical experiences, and states that classical, autonomous, truth-oriented science has real chances for competitive communication in the age of new media and new media use. This means that we need not surrender the traditional values of science to the new fashions of the communication industry. Before offering my arguments, I would like to make my personal position clear on this question. This issue is important for scientists as well as for society because of the traditional moral and technical values of scientific life and scientific work. This moral and values form the basis of western culture, the culture which is the best and most convenient culture for us.

No comments: